Tuesday, September 9, 2014

How do I log-in to this thing? Remembering the good times! 2 blogs in one!

     So, I've been gone from this thing for a while.  My last post was actually May 29, 2013, as Tammy Wendling so kindly pointed out!  She really is a good friend like that.  ;-)!  So the first step in getting back into this was remembering how to even log-in.  I have 3 different email accounts and I can never remember which one I use to create different things.  Technology, it is suppose to make life easier, but sometimes it just stresses me out!   There are days I miss the simpler times, where you picked up the phone to call a friend instead of texting them or even the lost are of simply writing a note.  We now live in a time where everything is online and password protected.  We have to constantly be concerned about our identity being stolen.  For things that are supposed to make life easier and faster, advanced technology certainly causes a lot of stress.  I'm just saying!


     Well I promised 2 blogs in one in the title, so I guess I better deliver.  This time of year is always an exciting yet bitter sweet time for me.  Exciting because it is the start of football season, bitter sweet because my precious Bobo (grandmother) is no longer here to enjoy it with me.  The 2 of us were the die hard Auburn fans of the family.  We were constantly talking football this time of year.  I still laugh thinking about her threatening to cancel her subscription to the Birmingham News because as she claimed, they only talked about Alabama and Nick Saban.  I'm telling you, the lady was serious about her Auburn Football!  I know she would be loving every moment of this current season and last years!
     Another event that makes this time of year bittersweet is the celebration of Grandparents' Day.  Oh how she loved to celebrate Grandparents' Day.  Now I know I'm biased, but I think next her faith, her love for her Leon (my grandfather), and her wonderful only child Carol (my mother), she cherished most being a Grandmother.  She would always drag me to the grandparents' dinner at ACFUMC.  Now, I wish she was still here to drag me to it.  I would gladly go to that dinner now because it would mean she is still here living and breathing.  I know she is always with me because I hear her voice inside of me often, but to be able to cherish those Grandmother times again would simply be amazing.  To my friends that still have living grandparents, treasure all the moments with them!  All the Grandparents' Days, the dinners, the football games, and just the simple conversations.  Until next time, which will hopefully not be a year and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment